We will be closed for renovations
from 26 May
re-opening 14 June 2014
we apologise for any inconvenience
Founded 1924 - Rebuilt 2003
Open 364 days of the year: 08:30 - 17:00 (Closed Christmas Day)
Enjoy our famous
breakfasts, lunches and teas
in the most beautiful garden in Africa
• All food is prepared on the premises under Pamela’s careful supervision using only the best and freshest ingredients.
• We are proud of our bakery, with Anton at the helm, producing the freshest scones, breads, cakes, cinnamon butter buns and much more throughout the day.
• The MENU is comprehensive and includes food for all tastes, traditional and adventurous, the health conscious and vegetarians, the hungry and not so hungry, young and old and something for those with allergies.
• The SPECIAL PARTY MENU for groups of 6-65, tailored to your requirements.
• The GARDEN GOURMET PICNIC MENU, in re-usable green bags, to be enjoyed on the lawns and benches in the spectacular Kirstenbosh gardens.
• NEW PLATTER MENU Choose from our selection of snack and sandwich platters to take home or enjoy in the garden.
The Tea Room is fully licensed.
KIRSTENBOSCH TEA ROOM RESTAURANT
for breakfast, lunch and tea
‘Pamela Shippel’s way is practical, down-to-earth, knowledgeable, enthusiastic and up-to-date. Her cookbooks are trusted friends
in the kitchen’
Prue Leith OBE - award-winning chef, magazine food editor and author.
• Only Kirstenbosch Tea Room Restaurant food and cakes may be consumed on the premises. Please enjoy your own picnics in the Garden.
• To preserve the relaxed and tranquil ambiance, we do not allow laptops.
• Cheques are not accepted.
• A 10% service charge will be added for groups of 10 or more visitors.
• All prices include 14% VAT.
The Kirstenbosch Tea Room Restaurant is not affected by the change of ownership of the restaurant and coffee shop at
Gate 1 and continues to run with the usual devoted care of
Pamela Shippel-Granoth and